Saturday, August 27, 2016

Goldberg says any potential WWE return is down to the company

Bill Goldberg was always a different kind of superstar in the wrestling world, even at the height of his fame in WCW.

The former two-time world champion - once in WCW and once in WWE - hasn't been inside a WWE ring since WrestleMania 20 back in 2004 where he and Brock Lesnar were mercilessly booed out of Madison Square Garden.

Of course, that's not indicative of Goldberg's popularity amongst wrestling fans. The crowd knew both Goldberg and Lesnar were departing the company the next day and had no reason to care about that particular matchup.

At his peak, Goldberg was as hot as anybody in the history of the business.
the 49-year-old has a chance to reconnect with the WWE audience through the forthcoming game, WWE 2K17.

His involvement in the game has given fresh momentum to rumours that the WCW icon may step inside a WWE ring again. 

“It evoked a feeling that I haven’t felt in a long time which is kind of cool but the reality is it ain’t in my court,” he said. “It’s not in my court. I’ve said many times that I’m willing to throw water under the bridge but, hey, at the end of the day, it is what it is. I’m here in the video game and I’m ecstatic for that. If that’s all that it is, hey, I’m fine, I’m cool. I can live the rest of my life and be extremely pleased with what I’ve accomplished.”

Goldberg left the WWE after only one-year with the company and it didn't end nicely. The former NFL player complained the WWE didn't know how to "do business" and has taken multiple shots at Triple H - who has now ascended to a very high position in the WWE - since his departure.


He appears ready to bury the hatchet, but are the WWE? Is there a dream match with Goldberg you'd like to see? Let us know in the comments.


Subscribe us on Youtube for RAW action: http://bit.ly/265IgnP

No comments:

Post a Comment